- You cannot open the console of your virtual machines
- Opening virtual machine console fails
- When accessing the Open Console option from a virtual machine, you see the error:
Unable to get the window handle for the "AxQuickMksAxCTL' control.
- When accessing the Console tab, you see the error:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation
- This issue occurs on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7.
To resolve this issue, set the system DEP policy to Always Off in the Windows operating system.
To set the system DEP policy to Always Off:
- Run a command prompt as administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator.
- To disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP), run the command:
bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff
- Uninstall the vCenter Server Client(s).
- Restart Windows.
- Re-install the vCenter Server Client(s).