- Capacity of at least 256 MB, with at least 64 kilobytes (KB) of free space.The 4-GB limit of Windows Vista has been removed.
- At least a 2.5 MB/sec throughput for 4-KB random reads
- At least a 1.75 MB/sec throughput for 1-MB random writes
- The computer has a slow hard disk drive. Computers with a primary hard disk Windows Experience Index (WEI) subscore lower than 4.0 will see the most significant improvements.
- The flash storage provides fast, random, non-sequential reads. Sequential read speed is less important.
- The flash storage is connected by a fast bus. Typically, USB memory card readers are not sufficiently fast. However, connecting flash memory to an internal memory card reader might provide sufficient performance.
Bổ sung trong quá trình tìm hiểu booting from USB:
So sánh data transfer rate giữa SSD/SDHC/USB drive
Một loại USB tốc độ cao để thử nghiệm JF600 của transcend. Loại này tốc độ đọc ghi là:
Read up to 32 MByte/s, Write up to 12 MByte/s (8~32GB);
Blog thông tin có giá trị về USB