My status

My backup memory

Thứ Sáu, 4 tháng 2, 2011

The bucked list

Diễn viên chính:
Jack Nicholson
Morgan Freeman
IMDb: 7.5/10

Mình thích nhất đoạn Carter (Morgan) đưa cho Edward (Jack) tờ giấy nói về quá trình sản xuất ra loại coffee mà Edward hay uống (tương tự như cà phê chồn ở ta) và cười đến chảy nước mắt. Sau đó lấy danh sách và gạch bỏ dòng Laugh until I cry.

Đây là phim đầu tiên xem nhân dịp năm mới. Mình vốn thích xem phim về cái chết, chiến tranh hay nhân vật bị tâm thần. Lúc đầu không để ý tại sao như vậy. Có lẽ do tò mò muốn tìm hiểu xem mọi người suy nghĩ, phản ứng như thế nào trong các hoàn cảnh "tới hạn". Tò mò có lẽ là đặc điểm nổi bật trong tính cách của mình. Xem phim là cách nhanh nhất và rẻ nhất để sống một cuộc đời của một người khác.

Memorable quotes

 -----------------------
Carter Chambers: What are you so afraid of?
Edward Cole: Just because I told you my story, does not invite you to be a part of it!
Carter Chambers: Oh, like the lady in the bar?
Edward Cole: That's different.
Carter Chambers: Tell me how it's different.
Edward Cole: I build a billion dollar business up from NOTHING! Presidents have asked my advice, I have dined with royalty, and i'm supposed to make out like what? This trip was supposed to MEAN something to me? Like it was gonna change ME? How did you see it playing out Carter, I knock on the door, she answers, she's surprised and angry, but I tell her how much I love her and miss her, and OH, by the way, I'm gonna be dead soon so I'm reaching out to you because I don't wanna die alone?
Carter Chambers: Everyone's afraid to die alone.
Edward Cole: I'm not everyone! This was supposed to be fun. That's all it ever was.

---------------------

[Carter hands Edward an article about Kopi Luwak, Edward's favorite coffee]
Carter Chambers: Read it.
Edward Cole: [reading] Kopi Luwak is the world's most expensive coffee. Though for some, it falls under the category of "too good to be true." In the Sumatran village, where the beans are grown, lives a breed of wild tree cat. These cats eat the beans, digest them and then... defecate.
[pauses]
Edward Cole: The villagers then collect and process the stools. It is the combination of the beans and the gastric juices of the tree cat that give Kopi Luwac...
[Carter starts laughing]
Edward Cole: ...its unique flavor... and aroma. You're shitting me!
Carter Chambers: [laughing] Cats beat me to it!
[Carter and Edward both laugh hysterically]

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét